Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Most Frustrating Thing...

I was asked to do an interview for a website and one of the questions was, "what is the biggest upset you encounter while performing your job?"  I instantly knew the answer because it happens quite often in this industry.  As with any 100% commission job, you are required to work for FREE until you complete the transaction and get paid.  That means, you get up, show up for work, do your job, drive around all day with clients and never see a dime until your client gets to the closing table.  We put a lot of time and money working with our clients to assist them in achieving their goals.  We realize that buying a house is one of the biggest transactions a person will make in their lifetime, so we want to make sure we are giving you 110%.

On to the frustrating part...  So the part that gets under my skin is when our clients do not respect our time.  There have been several instances I am sitting at a house waiting for my clients to show up and then they call at the appointment time to say they cannot make it.  It's usually when I've driven across town during rush hour that I get these calls!  Urgh!  I understand if there is an unavoidable emergency but in many cases the client may have just forgotten.  I am so excited that gas prices are nearly half the price they were, but it used to cost me $65 to fill up my tank so you already know!  Aside from the money we lose we are also losing our time.  This time could have been better spend with family, friends, helping other clients, etc... 

So the next time you schedule an appointment and you're not able to make it, be courteous enough to call in advance to reschedule and not leave your Realtor sitting in front of a property looking around for you...  The end :-)

On a side note:  I could not find any frustrated AFRICAN-AMERICAN Realtor pictures.  Hmmm maybe we just don't get angry!

No comments:

Post a Comment