Friday, April 10, 2015

Some Agents Are So Inconsiderate!



Some Agents Are So Inconsiderate!

Most of us Agents are all trying to help people with their real estate needs while earning a living doing so.  With that said, many of us try to plan our days to be the most productive possible.  

An Agent contacted me wanted to schedule an appointment to show my listing. After advising her on how to schedule the appointment, she said she is old fashioned and does know how to do it "that" way.  As Realtor's we should know by now the industry is constantly changing with new technology, laws, policies, etc.  However, I wrote down her information so I could provide the showing instructions.  When I told her the property was on a Sentrilock lockbox (electronic), she said she does not have access to those boxes because she couldn't afford to pay the fee's.  

Trying to be considerate, I offered to meet the Agent at the property so I could let her in to show it to her client.  She said she had other houses to show but she should be at the house around 4pm.  I told her it will take me 30 minutes to get to the property so give me a call when she was leaving her area to get there.  She was also going to be 30 minutes away.  Long story short, since I did not hear from the Agent I decided to give her a call at 3:40pm and she said, "oh I meant to call you, we are going to see your listing tomorrow.  Can't you just put a combo lockbox on the property?"  

Even though I wanted to say NO, I told her I would put a combination lockbox on the property so she could show it.  The Agent advised she would show the property the next morning between 10-11am.  The next morning, I drove to the property so I could put the combination lockbox on so the Agent could show the home between 10-11am that day.  After I put the lockbox on, I called her to let her know but the Agent did not answer.  When she called me back she said, "Oh I didn't know who this was that called, but I'm not going to show your property today instead we are going on Sunday!"  

I was really upset at this point!  How inconsiderate of her to take my time for granted!  I was trying to be accommodating to help her because she did not have the property tools needed to do "her" job effectively.   Unfortunately I couldn't tell her what I really thought of her actions because it wouldn't be in the best interest of my client. But I'm thankful to be able to have Activerain to let out my frustrations  :-)  

Here are a few professional courtesies worth mentioning for those who may not possess these qualities:


  • If you are meeting an Agent at a property, call if you will be late or need to cancel the appointment ASAP.
  • Keep a professional demeanor at all times even when you really don't want to.
  • Promise only what you can deliver to your clients and fellow
    Agents.

If we can all work together more effectively, everyone wins!

Tabitha  Rector-Richardson
Broker, REALTOR®


(443) 415-4215 cell
(410) 363-1535 x101 office

https://s2.googleusercontent.com/s2/favicons?feature=youtube_channel&domain=www.mimigoodwin.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment