Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stay Focused

During this time of year, I find it hard to stay focused on the task at hand.  I am constantly thinking of the holiday season and preparing for that instead of preparing for my business.  This year I hosted Christmas dinner so that was added stress on top of the normal what am I going to get everyone for Christmas  stress.  Next it is New Year's Eve.  Am I going to go to church, stay at home, or bring in the New Year with family and friends?  I know it's really not that serious!

I am trying to build better business practices and be more productive when I am working.  However, with technology at your fingertips, this becomes a daunting task.  Of course I can just not log onto Facebook (and other social media) on my computer, but then my phone will chime when I have a new message or notification.  I have a To-Do list but I have to ask myself if I am really listing items that will push me to the next level. Something to think about...

So today, I am going to create better business practices for 2015 so I can be more productive.  I read somewhere on the internet that you should schedule EVERYTHING!   Between today and the end of the year, which is tomorrow, I am going to create a schedule to work off of.  I will schedule my workouts, breakfast, prospecting, email follow up, etc.  Let's see if this will make me more productive. 

Well it's time for me to get back to staying focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment