Monday, December 29, 2014

Weirdo or Serious Seller?

The phone rings and I literally jump out of my sleep at 4:30am this morning.  My husband has a cousin who went to the hospital the previous day so I answered partly out of instinct and because I thought it may have been an emergency.  The man on the other end asked, "Is this Tabitha?"  and I said YES!  Then he said, "I have been thinking about selling my house and is this a good time are you up?"  I'm not sure about any other Realtor's business practices but I can assure you I do not conduct business at 4:30am.  My husband of course is now up wondering who I am talking to and especially about real estate at this hour!  

I politely asked the person if I can give him a call back later in the day and he agreed.  This was the weirdest call I have ever received and it had  me a bit shaken up afterwards.  I couldn't go back to sleep because who would call someone in the middle of the night.  I decided to call him later in the morning to get some general information from him and to see if he was really serious or had some issues.  When I called him back, I asked a few questions about his home and of course got his address.  I also asked how he found me and he said he saw my sign and he thought I was very pretty.  At this point I am feeling weird myself and am trying to keep this conversation professional.  He said he needed to get ready to go to work and he had to get off the phone.  I told him I would give him a call another day. But as soon as I got off the phone, I did a little research to validate some of his information.

I'm not exactly sure if this man wants to sell his home or just meet me in person.  Although the information he gave me checked out, his story to sell his home didn't.  I am not sure if this guy is really serious about selling his house or if he just wanted to hear my voice, but I don't think I will be taking on this listing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment